Based in Łódź, Poland
Press / Business Contact:
SUPERHOT is a unique first-person shooter game where time moves only when you move, making each level a deadly puzzle.
SUPERHOT started as a 7 Day First Person Shooter (7DFPS) game jam project made by a group of friends in August 2013. After making a prototype version of the game and polishing it in time for the WGK Conference in September 2013, the team managed to win the Developer Showcase award. After that they've decided to release the initial build of SUPERHOT to the Internet - where it quickly garnered a massive amount of attention from the press and players. Thanks to the support of the fans, SUPERHOT went through the Steam Greenlight process during a single weekend. That's when the team decided to develop the game further.Expanding the prototype
In the eight months between the release of the original prototype and the launch of the Kickstarter campaign, SUPERHOT was remade from scratch to make the game more expandable. A graphic artist and an art director have been added to the team to improve the visuals (while retaining the aesthetics that helped to make the game so popular).Launching the campaign
On May 14th, 2014 the team launched their Kickstarter campaign in order to fund the rest of the development.
Kickstarter video SUPERHOT Kickstarter movie.mp4
Greenlight Trailer (footage from September 2013 Prototype) YouTube
There are far more images available for SUPERHOT, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Independent Games Festival 2014 - Nuovo Award Honorable Mention" - SUPERHOT, 2014
- "A.MAZE BERLIN 2014 - Most Amazing Game Award Finalist" - SUPERHOT, 2014
- "WGK 2013 - Developer Showcase Winner" - SUPERHOT, 2013
- "Superhot singlehandledly has one of the most innovative features I've ever seen in a FPS and deserves all the monies."
- Cliff Bleszinski, designer of Unreal and Gears of War,
- "(...) the product is a succinct, thoughtful blast."
- Dan Crabtree, Kotaku
- "It’s a brilliant idea that’s mesmerizing to play around with (...)"
- Nathan Grayson, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "[SUPERHOT] is all about bullets and their beautiful, slow trajectories."
- Tom Senior, PCGamer
- "(...) you feel vaguely like you're playing through Quentin Tarantino's version of the Mad Men opening credits."
- Philippa Warr, WIRED UK
- "BRAIN EXPLODING, this is brill."
- Mike Bithell, designer of Thomas Was Alone and Volume
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Programmer / PR